Saturday, April 21, 2012

Noon update


One of the worst parts of travelling east is losing hours.  The first two nights we didn’t adjust clocks at all which I found surprising.  Today, we advanced one hour, and we did it at noon.  I’m really not sure why they did it during the day instead of night but perhaps there is method to their madness.  Will see if it makes the change more manageable tomorrow.  We have to advance another 5 hours before getting to France so if it is easier, I’m all for it.  Even though I’ll be at sea for 8 days, it feel like I’m denied those 6 hours!      
We are continuing almost due south in the hope of avoiding the nasty weather.  The Captain informed us that we are currently travelling at just over 18 knots, or 20 mph.  That’s about as fast as this ship goes.  It’s not terribly fast but it gives him the chance to slow down later to avoid the bad weather if needed.  The good news is that the next 3 days should be similar to this: sunny and calm.  I’ve already been able to sit out more on this trip than I did the entire trip last year.   
New favorite spot is on the sun deck at the front of the ship.  It’s sheltered from the wind and with the sun shining, it’s quite warm.  There are a few people out but it seems to be a bit of a secret.  Here’s a photo of it:

And a photo taken from the Looking Glass lounge I mentioned on an earlier post:


No comments:

Post a Comment