Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24, fifth sea day


The fifth full day at sea today at it’s a warm one, 19 degrees.  The wind is down too, or more accurately, coming from behind us, which made it pleasant for a run/walk on the jogging track.  In fact, it’s quite humid, must be thanks to the southern route we’ve taken: we are north of the Azore’s now.  Because of the nice weather, the track was full of joggers and runners.  I started running but it was too crowded to jog continuously so I jogged when there was space and walked otherwise.  I did 6 kms and glad I did.  Yesterday I did very little in the way of exercise and needed to break a sweat.  Yesterday morning there was a spinning class in the fitness centre at 9.  I went there, set up the bike and got on for a warm up before the glass.  But the ship was pitching quite heavily and it was obvious that I wouldn’t enjoy the class.  I ended up spending the morning in the sun.  Lunch yesterday was outside and it really could have been a Caribbean cruise: warm, sunny and the water looked turquoise.
Entertainment has a been a bit hit and miss to me.  The singing/dancing didn’t do much for me but last night was a comedian and he was quite good.   There is a full schedule of activities every day though I haven’t done too much of it.  One of the big past times on cruise ships seems to be trivia.  I don’t know why but when people step on a ship they seem to be overcome with the desire to play it.  There’s team trivia, music trivia, cumulative trivia…it goes on and on. 
No time change today which is nice, but we brace for the rough weather.  The Captain said he expects the wind to pick up later tonight and through tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment