Monday, April 23, 2012

Bad weather coming...


The bad news is that we won’t be able to avoid the bad weather.  The Captain informed us we will probably have 24 hours of near gale force winds with some large swells.  He suggested taking sea sickness meds if you are susceptible.  I’m hoping I will have enough in me already to pull through it.  It could be the one day I cut back on eating, which wouldn’t be a bad thing!  But I really have no idea what to expect, either from how the ship will react or how I will feel.  There has been a lot of movement so far, much more than I got last year.  This is clearly demonstrated by the pool that has lost a lot of water from all the sloshing about.  It’s making the deck around it quite slippery.  Many people are having trouble with the movement already so it could be rough on many of us.
But in spite of upcoming bad weather, it’s been very nice so far.  Today, the temperature is 18 but out of the wind, it feels much warmer than that.  I sat out and got some sun for an hour or two this morning. Our closest land is now the Azores, about 380 miles to the south east.  We have 1900 miles to go.  We moved our clocks ahead again for the third straight day at noon.  People are polarized on this one, some love it some hate it.  I find it seems to push the meal times together more than I would like.  But it’s not bad to do it during the day.  I never like turning it ahead as the last thing you do before going to bed.  This gets it out of the way early in the day.
So a few random thoughts at the midpoint regarding the things I think Azamara does well:
- Little things that are included like bottled water, good coffee (cappuccinos etc).
- Wine with lunch and dinner are included and are decent.
- Keep your room stocked with fresh fruit and flowers.
- Non-smoking policy.  I’m sure it won’t be long before all ships are like this but here there is only a small outdoor spot for smokers.  Many lines still allow it in the stateroom which surprises me.
Just a quick update for now.  Hope you are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment