Thursday, April 19, 2012

New York - part 2

Woke a bit earlier than I hoped when a tanker pulled in right next to our ship.  Some guys on deck were really loud.  Not sure but I think it was probably used to fuel us up for the long trip across the Atlantic.  I went for breakfast in the windows cafe, which is the buffet.  It was very good, definitely better than the QM2 buffet.  They also served tables for coffee, again unlike the buffet on QM2 which was more like a cafeteria.

But because I was up early I did manage to go for the run I wanted to do.  I went north along the Hudson river, it was great.  They have done a nice job of revitalizing the greenery along the path.  It wasn't too busy but a few cyclists and locals with their dogs, probably from the three "Trump Place" condo buildings bordering the road.

I also went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It's very large, quite overwhelming actually.  you could easily spend a day there, but I opted for around 2 hours of strolling through various exhibits.  Will have to go back.

I was going to go to the Intrepid Air Museum which is right next to our pier, but it was lined up both in the morning and afternoon with school field trips.  Because the weather was so nice, I spent the last couple of hours around the pool getting some sun.

We sail out in about an hour...looking forward to it.

Here are a few pics.  I'm not yet on the satellite internet plan so can afford a few.

A shot of the ship docked.


The pool area, filling up as people come back from the day in New York.  You can see the cruise ship Balmoral off to the right.  It was the other ship that had a Titanic Memorial cruise.  It started from Southampton.


My stateroom, very small but functional.


No comments:

Post a Comment