Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bingo?


Never thought I’d play bingo on a cruise ship but they were giving away an upgrade to the largest suite on the ship.  And given there are only around 600 on the ship, the odds seemed like it would be worth a few dollars.  But $50?  Pretty pricey but I talked myself into it thinking the odds would be better because not everyone would be willing to pay that price.  So, hard to believe but I didn’t win.  Won’t do that again…wait, bingo tomorrow is for a free cruise!
Yesterday was also our Meet and Mingle event for Cruise Critic members.  Cruise critic is a cruise review site, much like tripadvisor. I had used it to get a lot of good info on Azamara and this cruise in particular.  Anyway, at the get together I got to meet several people that had posted on the forum.  One of the guys is a cameraman at Madison Square Gardens: someone to talk hockey with, and discuss the Ranger/Senators series!  (Go Sens!)
I found a few nice spots to sit and read.  My favorite is in the Looking Glass lounge.  It’s on deck 10 at the very front of the ship.  It has floor to ceiling glass around three sides giving sweeping views of the ocean.    Also spent an hour reading on my balcony, totally relaxing.
Later in the afternoon, I went for a run on the running track around the top level.  To give you a perspective on the size of this ship, last year on QM2 last year, three laps was 1.1 miles.  Here to run a mile, I had to run 13 laps!  I did 4 Kms before I was just getting a little dizzy!  But it’s a beautiful to spot to run or walk with the elevation allowing views of the sea in all directions.
The weather has been perfect so far.  I haven’t seen a cloud since Thursday morning.  The sea is beautiful and quite calm.  I ate breakfast outside, again in the rear of the ship where it’s sheltered and warm.  The temperature is 52 but it feels warmer if you can find a sheltered area.  I think I’ll spend some time around the pool today.

No comments:

Post a Comment