Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday

It got colder as the day went on with lots of mist and spray.  I went for a jog after lunch and the promenade was not too busy.  Nice weather for jogging though.  I went for 30 mins and then went to the gym to cool down and stretch.  A quick rinse and then I did use the outdoor hottub as it was actually hot...well, warm anyway.  I had it to myself and was able to enjoy the expansive ocean views.

I watched part of a movie I downloaded on my iPad and then got ready for dinner, another informal night.  I went to the chart room fora drink and talked to a fun couple from Leicester. I've found that I've met one or two people every time I sit down at a bar.  It's been fun.  Before long it as time for dinner.  They were dining in the Princess grill after they got upgraded.  They thought food was as good in brittania, the main dining room where I am. As I said earlier, I have found the food to be better than my other crossing.  No complaints.

I went to the show and then listened to the jazz trio again.  They are really good.  I went for a short walk on deck after midnight, it was very peaceful and not too windy.

Wednesday

The weather on the other hand, was much better on my 2011 crossing.  Clearly, that crossing was exceptional.  Today the temperature has dropped further to 7.  Yikes!  Wind is up and the seas are moderate .  I am writing this from the indoor pool area on deck 12.  When the sun does come out we get the greenhouse effect and it is actually warm.  As I look around, there must be a dozen people sleeping.  Nice and warm with some gentle rocking , sleep seems to come easy.

Unfortunately the days are numbered now as we get closer to New York .  Here are a few more  photos from yesterday.





2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog and the updates. Loved our transatlantic crossings on the QM2.

    seasidegal

    ReplyDelete