Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday update

The wind picked up during the day to the point where the promenade deck was closed in the evening.m. I walked three laps around 530 and it was very difficult to walk.  On one side there was so much spray that it felt like rain but it wasn't.  By the third lap there were very few people out and I went up to the terrace pool on deck 7.  There, it is quite sheltered, and the pool and hot tubs were open...though I don't think anyone has been in the this trip, it is too cold.  But the sun through a small opening in the clouds and it looked tempting so I went back to my cabin and changed into my swim suit.  Back to the pool, I had a find palace to put my shirt so that it wouldn't blow away, I ventured to the hot tub, only to find out, as I walked in, that it was  no hotter than the pool.  I tried the second one and it was the same.  If it had been hot, it would have been amazing but instead I got out and quickly wrapped myself in a towel.  I did some applause for my effort from a  lady smoking outside in a sheltered spot.

It was a lazy day otherwise as I spent a couple hours reading and relaxing.

There was a magician performing before dinner but I wasn't too impressed.  Fairly boring actually.  Dinner was good again, and as we were finishing , one of the entertainers onboard, a tenor singer, stood up and sang along with a violinist.  People got up from their seats and went over to hear him fill this huge room with his voice.  He sang a bit of "oh Danny boy " and the room erupted in cheers and applause when he finished .  He has quite a voice, it was a memorable moment.

Tuesday

We had a regular 24 hour day so I slept in to 930, had a quick breakfast and went to a talk by Stephen Payne again, this time about Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.  Clearly the ship is full of ship geeks as his lectures and full, even in the large theatre.  People were sitting in the aisles.  He is very good and tomorrow he gives his main talk about designing this ship.  I will need to get there early.

Wind is down this morning and seas are calmer, no whitecaps that I can see. It is cloudy though, some sun would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment