Friday, May 16, 2014

Last day

Well I didn't expect to get a sunburn but that's what happened yesterday.  It was warm and I spent too much time in the sun.  I look a little foolish today.  It was just too nice to go inside (or put on sun screen for that matter!)

The sun decks were full and everyone was enjoying it.  If it had been like that the entire crossing it would have been great.  I watched a school (pod?) of dolphins swim by the ship.  There must have been 10 or so, jumping together.  I kept watch for a while longer but no more appeared.  There were reports of whales too but I didn't see any.

Friday

Set the alarm for 415 am to get on deck and watch the arrival in to ny.  There were light showers but nothing serious.  It was foggy though, so the vzn bridge wasn't visible until we were close to it.  I've seen videos of qm2 going under the bridge but it really does look like a close call when seeing it in person.



We swung round and got a nice view of the Statue of Liberty and then maneuvered into place in Brooklyn.  I went back to bed for an hour and then got up, had breakfast and packed the rest of my things.



1 comment: