Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday

Disembarkation at Brooklyn was a bit of a nightmare.  I was in the second to last group scheduled to leave at 1010.  We waited in the Queens room and by 1045 we were still there.  We were told immigration was slow.  I was off the ship and through immigration just before noon.  And then the traffic chaos that is the Brooklyn cruise terminal kicked in.  So many cars and no where for them to go,  the car I had ordered had long left so I checked out the taxi line.  It was looping back and forth at least four times and without any taxis able to get in, it would be a multi hour wait.  I called the car company back and they were able to send another car which I cut off before he got too close to the terminal and needed an extra 30 mins to get out.  Another reason to consider smaller ships in smaller ports.  I hadn't experienced this in the last two crossings.  I feel bad for the people staying on the ship for the trip back and planned a day in NYC.  If they got 3 hours in the city they would be lucky.


Friday evening  I went to a concert at Jazz at Lincoln Center.  The music was a bit to modern/abstract for me but the musicianship was great.  Best part is the stunning view from the Appel room overlooking Columbus Circle.  What a spot!



Saturday

Went for a jog in Central Park, something I've always wanted to do.  It was a beautiful day, and I certainly wasn't the only one out.  In fact there are running lanes in the roads it is so popular.

Now at LGA waiting for flight home.  So that's it for this year. I may post pictures and videos later.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures! I am sure it must be a fun experience...something to look forward to every year!

    ReplyDelete