Thursday, May 26, 2011

A few more photos

I met a fellow on board, Jim, who is a frequent Cunard traveler.  So much so that he got invited to be in the bridge with the Captain when we sailed into New York.  Wow, that would be amazing.  Luckily he caught some of the sights with his camera.  He also took some great photos of the staff at the bars I also frequented, they were really nice people.  Finally, I have to give Jim credit for informing me that Roger Daltrey was going to perform in the pub on the final night.  I may have missed it otherwise.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jimcollins123/QM2May102011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMj41OCGv-imogE#

Jim's from the UK and was heading back home from New York.  Pretty nice way to spend a couple of weeks.  For me I could see doing something like this:


- Take the short flight to New York and spend two or three nights.
- Eastbound on the QM2 to London
- A week in London or English country side.
- QM2 back to New York
- Two or three nights in the New York.
- Then, and only then, fly home.

I think I need to make a lot more money and retire to be able to do it but it's nice to have goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment