Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 2 "I think I'm going to be sick!"

Wednesday had it's ups and downs, both the ship and me!  I know I'll get some ribbing for this but I did get a wee bit sea sick yesterday afternoon.  I had been taking Gravol but it wasn't doing the trick.  I went to the purser's office and they gave me the UK variety of motion sickness pills.  Within an hour I was feeling better, that coupled with some smoother seas helped dramatically. 

The big buzz around the ship is that Roger Daltry is on board and will be performing at some point with Chris Difford from Squeeze.  I will have to keep an eye open for that. 

Great dinner last night.  I had a caprese salad with grilled asparagus followed by Polenta Lasagna.  Both were very good.  The wines by the glass were somewhat limited but I discovered that if you order a bottle, they will keep it for you for the next night, so did that.  I ordered a French wine from Graves, it was very nice.  We also had 2 more guests join at dinner, one of them being a guest speaker today.  He's a professor of history at Cambridge and today's he's giving a talk about St Petersburg. We also had a older fellow from Florida.  When we asked what he used to do he said " I don't want to go into that."  So I guess he's trying to be the mystery man!  After that I saw a play they were putting on.  It was a musical and actually wasn't bad.

Woke up this morning to smooth seas and just a beautiful day.  When out for a walk and lost track of the distance.  3 laps is a mile, so I think I did somewhere between 2 and 3 miles before I needed a coffee which I took on on the deck and enjoyed the view.  I came back to my cabin and ordered room service breakfast and am updating the blog while I wait for it.  The sun is on my balcony, I think I'll have my coffee out there.

Might get to the Canyon Ranch spa today for a steam/sauna/hydro-therapy pool.  If not there, there is a small pool on the top deck with a retractable roof.  Due mainly to the wind, the roof is still closed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the targeted ads beside this posting. Pepto-Bismo!

    ReplyDelete