Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 6 "Heading Home"

Started to receive paperwork reminding us that we are nearing the end of the trip.  US immigration papers and then the details on process to disembark.  While I'm looking forward to getting home, I will have a tough time shaking myself back into reality.  It's a very different lifestyle on board, but then again, it's like any vacation isn't it?

A couple of highlights yesterday: one was seeing some dolphins or porpoises jumping and feeding.  I first saw them when I looked up from reading my book.  One jumped directly in front of me, then another.  Later in the evening when I was out taking the picture below, a few people were there and we spotted several spots where there had to be 50 to 100 feeding.  They were a too far away to get a good picture unfortunately.

Also when to the musical session of Chris Difford.  He told some stories about forming the band Squeeze and then played a few songs, mainly acoustic. Another nice way to spend an afternoon.

I went to the outdoor pool yesterday because I needed to say I did it!  It was overcast at the time and a bit breezy so a little cold when I got out. 

The main event is tonight, or early tomorrow morning as we sail into New York.  I think I'll have to get up around 4 or 430 to see the whole thing.  The captain yesterday said there could be fog which would be a shame.  I'll have the video camera powered up anyway.  Not sure if I'll have time for another update tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. what time do you have to get off the boat?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete