Friday, April 21, 2017

Wine tastings and more nice weather

There is a guest onboard who runs a small winery in California.   She hosted a wine tasting out on one of the back decks.  Seabourn did a complete setup and spread including cheese, fruit, appetizers and tables and table cloths.  With the sea as the background it was a stunning setting. The weather has been really nice.  As we moved quite far north everyone was expecting it to be cool by now but it was 26 and sunny today.  Seas are calm today with just a gentle rolling...it's very pleasant.


I was at another hosted table last night, this time it was Ollie, the guest sax player.  He was great and the table was nicer then some of the others I've been to.  I've met a lot of people that way though. After that it was name that tune! The team i joined finished third out of about ten.  I was surprised by the attendance.  I would say the crowd is younger and more out going than other ships.  

We lost another hour last night so we are now 4 hours ahead of eastern time.  I think we will loose one more tomorrow night before Madeira.  


No comments:

Post a Comment