Monday, April 17, 2017

First day at sea

The weather ended up being quite nice Sunday with a high of 80.  Seas were smooth so decks were busy with everyone enjoying it.  I have a cold I'm trying to get rid of so decided to use the spa area and try to sweat it out in the steam room.  They also have the heated ceramic chairs where I read and may have dozed off for a bit.  Not sure if it helped the cold but it was definitely relaxing.

Before dinner I was chatting with two couples from Phoenix.  Turns out the men were partners in the narcotics division in the NYPD for many years.  They had some great stories.  Bill also just walked the entire Camino de Santiago so we had lots to talk about.  So much that we all went for dinner to their table.  It's not typical to have your own table here, nor is it typical for the wait staff to pour some of their better wines.  But they sure did for these folks.  Peter told me, in his new York accent, "they say you don't need to tip on Seabourn but I tip them before and I tip them after.  What's a few hundred dollars when they treat you like this !"  It was a hilarious evening.


Seabourn has an association with Thomas Keller, the famous chef.  Last night they had his items on the menu.  The hand rolled agnolotti were amazing but the mushroom dish wasn't impressive.  Glad I didn't pay any more for it.

Back in the cabin there were some Easter treats.



It's Monday morning now and I was woken by the ship loudly shuddering as it hit a swell.  Seas are getting a bit choppy and could be rough tomorrow.  I tried walking for half an hour to try to clear my head.  The head cold isn't getting any better but at least no worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment