Monday, April 24, 2017

Back at sea

It's Monday and we are back at sea.  It was a really nice sailaway from Funchal.  It's a pretty island with the homes lining the steep hills, and there are lots of other islands, mostly uninhabited that we sailed by,  it started to cool off last night as a few of us sat out.  

I have to say that I've joined the smoking crowd!  Smokers get to know each other well because there are so few places they can smoke.  The group here are quite fun and so sometimes I get coffee or a drink and hang out with them.  It's a hilarious group and it's outside so it never really seems smokey.  

Back at trivia today I'm upset with my team.  I gave them one of the answers for the 200 point bonus question but they didnt believe me.  What two countries that are landlocked by other countries that are landlocked, thus being doubly landlocked?  I suggested Lichtenstein but mr know- it-all said it bordered Belgium.  We had the other one, Uzbekistan, and we really could have used those points.

It is cooler today but didn't stop having another nice afternoon on deck.  They did a big lobster BBQ lunch which people went nuts over.  It looked really good and another example of something you won't see on most ships.  Then there was some music on deck, wouldn't have minded if they played longer.  

Closet land is now morocco, that's pretty cool!  Tomorrow afternoon we will pass the rock of Gibralter, close enough to see it apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment