Friday, April 14, 2017

Another crossing?

It's been a couple of years so some thought I had got it out of my system after 5 transatlantic crossings. but after a busy and nasty winter in Ottawa I got the itch. In the past I thought I booked last minute but this time I think I pretty much literally did just that. It was a mere 14 days ago that I took the plunge and booked a crossing from Barbados to Barcelona. Today I flew to Bridgetown and checked in to the Hilton hotel.  It's quite a mix of poeople here, from families to surfers to those that I'm sure are cruising tomorrow on one of two cruise to Europe tomorrow, the small Seadream ship or, the Seabourn odyssey that I'm taking.

As I had a glass of wine before dinner, 3 of my predictions were confirmed as I overheard a gentleman and a couple talk about boarding the two ships tomorrow.  A German couple sat next to me at dinner and I suspect I will see them on board tomorrow.  They weren't terribly impressed with the service at dinner. I'm starting to conclude that if the country produces rum, then expect to have "relaxed" service.  Everything I've experienced so far in Barbados has been very slow. But hey, it's 30 degrees and surrounded by white sand and turquoise water so what's the rush? I will try to take it slow Saturday by spending some time at the beach before heading to the ship.




No comments:

Post a Comment