Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mixology

I went to dinner with the bridge instructor.  Yeah it's crazy here!  She was nice and has her husband on on board.  Second marriage for both, as they were both widowed but met on match.com...in their 70s, 12 years ago!  There were people of equal age to her on my other side at the table and no one could hear. So I spent most of the evening telling one about what the other said.  It was a bit tiring!

After dinner A woman at the bar was not impressed with a drink.  She ordered a Hemingway daiquiri which , when she got it, was not like the one she had previously had.  I saw her again today, Wednesday and she told this to there head mixologist, who also works for Thomas Keller at Per Se in NYC.  When she described how he made it he was not impressed.  I think Juan the bartender might get a scolding...or worse!  This mixologist is on board to train the bartenders...they take it seroiusly here.  He is also on the food network...Brian van Flandern in case anyone knows him. He gave a talk and tasting on rum today.  He was quite good.

Also at my table last night were a couple from Atlanta.  They invited me to join their trivia team today.  I've never done trivia but did go today to join their team, the Mason Dixons! Unfortunately I didn't help them at all so not sure if they want me back.


Seas had moderated today but the captain says we will have some swells all the way to Funchal.

No comments:

Post a Comment