Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday update

Yesterday was stunning weather.  Everyone was outside enjoying it, from the pool, to the promenade deck to the paddle tennis courts.  Paddle tennis is tennis but with a different racquet.  It’s smaller, and doesn’t have strings, more like a table tennis racquet.  I was invited to play with two of my table mates and soon got into a game of doubles when a tiny man joined us.  He was introduced as Mr T and I quickly found out how competitive he was when he made a hard shot directly at me when I came to the net.  Didn’t see that coming from him!  We ended up winning the set.

To use up some on board credit I booked a massage at 430.  They sold me on a “Thai Poultice” massage.  They heat up these herb bags and pound them on a part of your body before stretching and massaging the area.  At one point I think she was trying to tie my legs like a pretzel.  Not sure if was the herbs but I felt dazed for a couple of hours after that treatment!

Dinner in Prego was very good.  I sat next to a woman who is a sister of Meg Mallon.  Golfers will know who that is.  After dinner the show was called “Rocket Man”, a tribute to Elton John.  The fellow playing Elton not only sounded like him but looked like him.  It was well done.

We lost another hour overnight and I woke to cloudy skies again.  The Captain said we might have some clear spots today but I’m thinking it looks like another dreary day unfortunately.  But there is a galley tour at 430 which might be very interesting.  I’m sure it will be popular.

2 comments:

  1. "A tiny man". So he was 5' 11"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog. We board the Serenity in Lisbon on April 10, 2013 for the Canary Islands, Morocco, and Barcelona. Keep the ship tidy for us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete