Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4



The sun came out for only an hour or so.  I ate lunch outside during that time which was very pleasant.  It was an  Asian themed lunch and it was very good.  By the time I changed to go out and lie in the sun, it was again cloudy.  Still, I stayed outside and read for a while.  I started to realize I was getting covered in salt from the spray even though I was in a sheltered area.  I went for a jog which was a real workout on the windy side of the ship…really hard to make progress.  It’s really humid too so I felt like I had a good workout.

I sat in an Adobe photoshop class yesterday.  I have played around with some photo editing tools but never felt like purchasing this product so I thought it would be a chance to play around with it.  It was a very beginner class.  I knew it when the instructor was saying things like “Ok, now RELEASE the mouse button!”  I’m sure it was very useful for some and only took 45 minutes.

One thing I have got to stop doing though is indulging in a late afternoon snack of cheese.  The Bistro is a small coffee bar that has pastries and cheese out every day.  The cheeses are some of the best I've had but very rich.   Couple that with the gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce I had for dinner last night and I really should be running for an hour today!

An interesting thing happened yesterday.  I was sitting just off the atrium having a glass of wine around 6pm.  I had brought my camera and was taking photos of the atrium and the bar area.  A woman walks over to me and asks if I had sailed on Azamara Journey’s transatlantic  last year because she remembered me taking pictures.  I said I had but did not recognize her at all.  Now I might feel self conscious taking pictures!

Seas are slightly calmer this morning so it's quite comfortable on board.  

No comments:

Post a Comment