Sunday, April 7, 2013

Galley tour

c

Yesterday I went on a tour of the galley which was very interesting.  It was in between lunch and dinner so it wasn't too busy yet. There were many people who attended so they broke us into groups of 10 or so.  I was in the last group which was led by the executive  chef, Franz Weiss.


When that was done, the Glenn Miller band was playing in the atrium.





 The seas got rougher as the day went on and I have to admit it got to me.  I left dinner early so I could lie down.  We lost the last of the 5 hours so it would have been an early night for me anyway.  This morning the winds are stronger and there is lot's of rolling and pitching on the ship.  It will be nice to get on firm land tomorrow.  It should be a nice day, though not hot tomorrow in Madiera with a forecast high of 16. As of 9 am we were less than 400 miles to the port.  We slowed down over the last two days from close to 21 knots down to 18.  I take that to mean that we were ahead of schedule and could pull back on the gas a little bit.

This morning they are setting up for a large sunday brunch in the atrium.  It's partly cloudy but quick beautiful when the sun is out.  Very windy though on the port side of the ship. And yes, google seems to have fixed the issue with uploading photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment