Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday. Still at sea

Had a pub lunch yesterday in this golden lion pub.  Ploughman's lunch and a pint of British ale.  It was warm but cloudy so went to my balcony to read.  I was there for about 15 minutes before the sun came out. I got up to look ahead and what do I see but clear skies.  I put my swimsuit on, got the suntan lotion and went to the rear pool and sun deck. It was awesome.  Everything seems to change when the sun is out and it is warm.  The sea looks blue and the atmosphere on board lightens up completely. It was beautiful...for exactly 42 minutes before the heavy cloud came back.  It was nice while it lasted.

It was still warm so went for a jog up on the 10th deck.  I thought there would be less people and for the most part there was.  To aid in the workout there are some steps to climb going forward as the deck doesn't completely wrap around.  So every lap I could run up and down a set up strairs.  Burn a few more calories that way.

The sun came out again in the early evening. It was beautiful and made for some nice photo ops.  The seas were up a lot too. Lots of whitecaps and the ships moving in all directions.  I would have called it rough.  It makes the photos more interesting.

At 745 pm it was time for the world club party.  Not surprisingly it was packed .  I think the majority of the people on board are frequent Cunard travellers.  The also recognize the individuals with the most nights on Cunard.  There were 4 or 5 people with over 1000 nights on board.  I like being on board but cannot imagine spending that much of my life on these ships.

I chatted with one of the hotel managers, the fellow who called to invite me to dinner.  I asked him why I was chosen and he said they try to get a mix but it also depends on the type of people those hosting will want.  Seems these folks wanted a younger table!  I don't get called that too often anymore but on this ship I guess I am!

I the proceeded to dinner.  We were hosted by two young members of the staff, the communications manager and a manager for hotel and client facing staff, Rebecca and George. Both were very nice and they bought the wines for dinner.  (Much better than I had been buying!). There were 7 guests in total, and a nice mix of backgrounds.  It was a fun evening and nice to meet other guests.

I went to have a nightcap and a couple I had met earlier were there and invited me to join them and another couple.  It was James Bond theme night so all the wait staff were dressed in tuxedos and the piano player mixed in some bond music.

This morning it is still warm and the sun is poking through.  Hope to spend as much time as possible on deck in the sun.




1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the updates! Enjoy the sunny weather. CG

    ReplyDelete