Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday -sea day 2


Cunard does a great job of its enrichment program.  The bring in lecturers who are really interesting.  Yesterday was a retired Special Investigations Officer from Essex who investigated over 30 murders in his career.  The title was "how to catch a killer".  He told the story of one investigation where he did catch the murderer.  Fascinating stuff, and the theatre was packed.

Yesterday we moved the clocks forward at noon.  I've done this on Azamara a few years ago...it is quite strange.  All of a sudden it's 1pm and I'm not hungry.  I went to the gym and worked our for 45 mins.  At two I went to a meeting for cruise critic and met a bunch of people there.  Several people are taking the QueenMary 2 back on the same day we arrive in Southampton.  It's a different breed of people on these crossings...many are addicted to crossing the ocean!

I have found it to be a very friendly crowd, more so than on qm2 last year.  Not sure if it is because many are on from the world cruise or if the ship is just more intimate.

I tried to sit out in the sun but when it went behind a cloud it was too cold.  I tried walking the deck but by then it was cloudy and blustery.  One lap was enough, my glasses covered in salt.  I had a nap instead!

sunny morning :



Cloudy afternoon:



Pre and post dinner drink was in the commodore club in the front of the ship.  There is piano player there who is seriously good.

Monday morning and I didn't wake up until 10.  It is cloudy, a few degrees warmer but not very nice out. Seas are slight and the ship is moving somewhat.  Probably a day to stay indoors and read.

1 comment: