Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday -sea day 6

It was a great day At sea yesterday.  I went to two lectures, the first was about hostage taking given by the special operations inspector which included a description of one incident at Stansted airport.  Th next talk was really a q&a with the commodore. There were good questions from the audience too.  He did let us know what the issue was that caused us to stop a few days ago.  It was a burst hose for coolant.  We definitely wouldn't want to overheat!

Most of the afternoon was spent out poolside.  It was warm and sunny for the most part.

There was a magician who performed before dinner.  He did mainly slight of hand tricks that were ok but nothing too dazzling.  Then I went to the Verandah for dinner as I had a free dinner there as part of the promotion when I booked. The food was very good.  I had a gnocchi dish that rivalled the gnocchi I had in nyc.  In fact, it was probably better as it wasn't over salted. The strangest thing was that the staff kept telling me how slow the service was because everything was made to order, yet I was out in one hour 15 mins.  Odd.

It's Friday morning, 15 degrees with a bit of sun.  Seas are calmest they have been for a few days.  It is a really nice day at sea.  I was able to east breakfast outside with views of the ocean. So relaxing.

I'm thinking of this as my extra day.  On qm2, the crossings have all been 7 nights but this one is 8. So on qm2 I would have to start thinking about packing today, but I can relax at least for another 24 hours.






No comments:

Post a Comment