Friday, May 11, 2012

Final Videos

If you were the captain of a cruise ship, you would probably think that docking it was the difficult part.  Then you could let the terminal crew take over and passengers could quickly disembark right?  We were late getting in to Rouen as I mentioned before, so many passengers were anxious to get off and spend a few hours seeing the city, even if it was raining.  We didn't plan on this.  I wasn't going to make a joke about the French, but,well, they make it so easy!  I don't need to say any more, the video says it all.

http://youtu.be/JwbPN6FOKJM?hd=1

I felt sorry for the crew, they were ready to go well before we docked.  I was speaking with the hotel director as this was going on, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.  He said that because they change schedules every year, they are often going to ports that they have never been to, or haven't been to in a long time. Unfortunately, they really don't know what to expect until they see it in action.  They were coming back to Rouen on the next cruise but he thought this wasn't boding well for returning in future years.

Finally, here is the video of the ship taken over the boyage.  You will see the different weather and sea conditions (though I left out the rough sea footage).  I realized that I didn't take many indoor shots which is too bad.  I would have like to have been able to include the restaurants and cafe.  So this is mainly outdoors, probably because I spent most of the day time there.

http://youtu.be/nmf_2eZjeEU?hd=1

No comments:

Post a Comment