Monday, April 18, 2011

Places for research

I have to give some credit to a few sources for my research on this trip.  If you are thinking of a trip like this, and I probably any cruise, this may save you some time and effort.

The best place, by far, for information from those that have been on the cruises before is on the boards at cruisecritic.com.  Go to boards.cruisecritic.com and look for the boards for your cruise line, for my trip, I clicked on Cunard.  There are all kinds of topics and you can search for what the info you are looking for and likely find it.  If you can't find what you want, create a new thread and you will likely get responses...and quickly too.

You can also find reviews of the various ships.  I found a good range of member reviews of the Queen Mary 2 that helped me understand what it would be like.

I'd also recommend going to youtube and looking for videos that people have uploaded.  I used this to see the various grades of staterooms. For me, I saw some pretty good videos the the sheltered, in hull balconies and the glass balconies.  It helped me choose between the two.  Youtube also helped me get an understanding of how busy the ship is.  Compared to videos of the more traditional Caribbean cruises, the QM2 seems to be less crowded, which appealed to me.

Of course, my opinion could change when I'm actually on the ship. Will let you know if these sources have lead me astray!

No comments:

Post a Comment